The invention of the human-powered transportation device, that is the bicycle, has set the history and has made many people’s lives much easier. How? Well, there is nothing worse than being stuck in the traffic hours at the time and feeling eager to finally get home from the long day of working.
Best Road Bikes under 500 Comparison
Road bicycle is an excellent transportation device that not only helps a person successfully maneuver through the dense car blockade in the middle of the day but also helps lower the pollution. Besides, every bike, whether it is an expensive mountain, hybrid or road bike that falls into the “best road bikes under 500 USD” category, encourages us to go outside and indulge in active lifestyle.
Although the mass production has lowered the prices of many products; the bicycles can be and still are rather expensive. If you are in the process of finding your new 2-wheeled companion but have been discouraged by the exorbitant costs, no worries, here in this articles you will find 5 reviews and exposed pros and cons of best road bikes under 500 that prove that quality can still be associated with affordability.
5 Reviews of The Best Road Bikes under 500
- Schwinn Men’s Phocus 1400 700C Drop Bat Road Bicycle
The Schwinn Men’s Phocus 1400 700c Road Bicycle series falls into the best road bikes under 500 USD category without abbreviating the quality and performance ability. In other words, Phocus 1400 model is excellent for on-road adventures around the city and neighborhood because the lightweight aluminum frame and 700c wheels make the smooth and effortless cruising possible.
- 700c wheels and Kenda tires are big enough to provide easy rolling without requiring excessive pedaling.
- The lightweight aluminum frame helps the overall bicycle weight stay at low 27 pounds, which is an appropriate number for carrying your bike up and down the stairs.
- Shimano 14-speed rare derailleur and Shimano A050 shifters provide smooth transitioning from one gear to another without grinding.
- Alloy caliper road brakes give a rider great stopping power.
- Sturdy aluminum frame and rigid fork make this road bicycle suitable for riding on paved and unpaved trails.
- There have been few complaints about inaccurate size measurements.
- For some, the assembly instructions seemed unclear and difficult.
- There have been few complaints about the Kenda tires not being as durable as advertised.
The Schwinn Men’s Phocus 1400 700c Drop Bat Road Bicycle is definitely one of the best road bikes under 500 USD currently on the market. This bicycle is excellent for individuals that are just getting interested in high-mileage cycling or simply for students that are on the budget. The lightweight and yet strong construction doesn’t drain the rider’s energy out, which is great when wanting to look put together when arriving on the workplace.
- Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road Bike
Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road Bike surely is one of the best road bikes under 500 USD currently on the market. What makes this particular bike model special is the lightweight aluminum frame and a high tensile steel fork that give enough sturdiness to the bike for safety without making the weight too burdening to efficiently conquer the desired mileage.
- 6061 Aluminum frame with replaceable derailleur hanger makes the large sized bicycle weight only 29.7 pounds.
- Shimano ST2300 STI 16-speed shifters and Shimano rear and front derailleur make the bicycle adjustable to riding on flat and steep surfaces.
- Alloy side pull front and rare brakes give the rider control over the speed and movement.
- 700c wheels are big enough to ensure easy rolling without requiring too much energy that would be otherwise invested into pedaling.
- 700×25 Black Road Clincher Tires provide necessary traction that comes in handy when riding on unpaved bike trails.
- There have been few complaints about the pedals getting loose or falling off.
- The bicycle may need a professional tune-up before the first riding to achieve better performance.
The Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road Bike, as one of the best road bikes under 500 USD, is excellent for students and entry-level riders that want to save some money. The lightweight aluminum frame and 700c wheels make the bicycle suitable for intense road cycling or commuting.
- Schwinn Men’s Axios 700c Drop Bar Road Bicycle
Another Schwinn bicycle series that falls into the best road bikes under 500 USD category is the Schwinn Men’s Axios 700c Drop Bar Road Bicycle. This road bicycle is excellent for riding on paved as well as unpaved bike trails because the strong and yet lightweight construction allows it to. This two-wheeled device is an excellent choice for replacing your stationary fitness bike with the authentic mobile one.
- Lightweight aluminum frame and rigid fork create a strong construction that offers security when riding at great speed.
- Shimano 14-speed rear derailleur with Shimano A050 shifters make the bicycle adaptable to flat as well as steep surfaces.
- Alloy rear and front caliper road brakes can easily stop the motion even when riding at the greatest speed.
- The drop-style handlebar positions the rider’s body in a most comfortable posture that improves the pedaling.
- There have been few complaints about the tires requiring a lot of pressure and needing to be inflated every week.
- There have been few complaints about the saddle being uncomfortable.
Schwinn Men’s Axios 700c Drop Bar Road Bicycle is, as one of the best road bikes under 500 USD, excellent for entry-level riders that want to explore the world of recreational cycling. Lightweight aluminum and other component parts, such as Shimano 14-speed shifter, make the bicycle weight approximately 31 pounds for easier pedaling while the drop-style handlebar makes sure a rider remains in the position that improves the performance.
- Giordano Libero Acciao Road Bike
Giordano Libero Acciano Road Bike is one of the best road bikes under 500 USD currently available on the market. This bicycle stands by its name Acciao, which in the Italian language stands for steel, not only because of the steel frame and fork but also because of the impressive performance ability.
- High tensile steel frame and fork offer stability and durability without making the overall weight of 29.7 pounds unbearable.
- 14-speed Shimano Tourney STI shifters and Shimano rear and front derailleur provide a rider with a speed suitable for every occasion.
- Alloy side pull front and rear brakes can quickly stop the motion of the bicycle in moments when seconds do count.
- 700×25 Black Road Clincher tires provide secure contact with the ground when riding on paved and unpaved trails.
- There have been few complaints about the assembly instructions being unclear.
- Those who have never ridden a bike with the drop-style handlebar should know that it may take some time to get used to the new positioning.
Giordano Libero Acciao Road Bike definitely falls into the best road bikes under 500 category because the durable steel construction, as well as the 14-speed Shimano shifters, make the bicycle adaptable to even most distant expeditions of yours. Besides, the low price makes this road bicycle excellent for beginners that have just grasped the interest in recreational cycling and that don’t want to spend a lot of money on the hobby that hasn’t developed into the passion yet.
- Vilano Shadow Road Bike
If you are looking for one of the best road bikes under 500 USD currently on the market, the Vilano Shadow Road Bike series might be just the right choice for you. This bicycle is excellent for beginners that want to reach the professional rank in the quickest and cheapest way possible. The aluminum frame, 700c wheels, and 14-speed Shimano shifters make this model appropriate for conquering high mileage without the issues.
- 14-speed Shimano shifters offer the rider a suitable speed for every occasion, whether riding on a flat surface, up or down the hill.
- Dual pivot alloy caliper brakes give a rider great stopping power.
- Anatomically designed saddle gives much-needed comfort when conquering long distances.
- The Strong and sturdy frame provides security when riding at great speed.
- Lightweight construction makes the bicycle easy to carry up and down the stairs when needed.
- 700c wheels are big enough to ensure smooth and effortless rides without requiring a lot of excessive pedaling.
- There have been few complaints about the shifters not being as good as advertised.
- There have been few complaints about the bike making clicking sounds when changing the gears.
- There have been few complaints about the saddle not being as comfortable as advertised.
Vilano Shadow Road Bike is, as one of the best road bikes under 500 USD, excellent for entry-level riders that want to gain riding experience without having to splurge a lot of money on a model that provides same characteristics just for the higher price. The lightweight construction and 14-speed setting make this bike adjustable to all conditions whether riding on the flat or steep on-road or off-road trails.
Road bike is an excellent human-powered transport device suitable for fitness as well as commute purposes. It is true that they shine the best when riding on the road, but surely they can also be ridden on the off-road bike trails, especially if the tires are durable enough.
Durability of the bicycle is determined by every single component part and we usually associate high-quality with the high price. These 5 best road bikes under 500 USD prove that worth can still be found at a reasonable cost.
Before choosing your very own bike in the “best road bikes under 500 USD” group make sure you firstly consider your personal usage intentions. Will you be using your bike just for commuting, light recreational purposes or for extreme on-road expeditions? Once you have a clear vision in your mind you will easy navigate through the pros and cons and find your new life companion.